The Big Sur is a fully featured touring jacket that is compatible with Alpinestars industry leading motorcycling airbag system, Tech-Air®. Featuring an advanced GORE-TEX® Pro Shell membrane for wind and waterproofing plus high levels of breathability, this jacket when matched with Big Sur GORE-TEX® pants, or any other Alpinestars textile touring pant, offers excellent protection against the weather as well as comfort and protection.
• Multi-material, multi-panel main shell construction designed and developed to provide optimum levels of comfort and performance for adventure rally riding.
• Features GORE-TEX® Pro Shell three-layer construction incorporating a special high performance GORE-TEX membrane, bonded to a strong outer material and a durable inner lining, ensuring a thin, reduced material construction with no movement between the three layers, promoting greater durability.
• Strategically positioned Armacor® reinforcements on back and forearms for durability and comfort. Armacor®’s advanced material construction means it is water and wind proof while allowing high levels of moisture management.
• Removable thermal full lining (100-120g body, 70g sleeves).The lining is secured by snap buttons to keep lining in place.
• Compatible with Alpinestars’ class-leading Tech-Air® airbag system. The garment is designed with stretch zones on the rear to accommodate the airbag’s inflated volume without compromising seams or materials.
• The garment’s ergonomic design and adjustments means that it can be worn without the airbag system for a personalized fit.
• For Tech-Air® compatibility:- LED display on sleeve indicating airbag’s operational status, plus internal conduit for system vest’s ECU.
• Internal fixings plus cable conduits in order to seamlessly accommodate airbag system.
• Class-leading protective capabilities – internally and externally.
• Newly developed shoulder protection features over-molded advanced TPU guard layered under the outer fabric for optimized levels of protection and comfort.
• Alpinestars race-derived, CE-approved internal elbow and shoulder protectors.
• Chest and back pad compartments with advanced poly-foam padding (CE certified Nucleon chest pads available as accessory upgrade).
• Hook and loop grip closure wrist, waist and sleeve adjusters allow for highly personalized fit and helps ensure garment and its protection stay positioned close to the body in the event of a slide.
• Sleeve adjustment system allows for reduced material bunching for comfort and safety.
• Advanced ventilation system incorporates large zippered air vents on chest plus two large exhaust ports on the rear.
System is designed to increase internal air flow giving the rider a continuous cooling air flow.
• New cuff closure system, features dual hook and loop grip securing system; one to customize jacket sleeves to rider’s size, plus a second for easy in and out and safe closure.
• Convenient storage options with two front waterproof hand pockets and front chest pockets.
• Large rear utility pocket features storm flap and eyelets to allow for ventilation.
• Accordions stretch inserts on elbow and rear shoulders for improved range of movement in various riding positions.
• Reflective print detailing to improve night/poor light visibility of the rider.
• Full circumference internal waist connection zipper for attachment to Alpinestars riding pants.
• Soft collar inner liner with padded edging to improve comfort.
• Innovative collar closure system subtly incorporate magnet which works to keep flap open regardless of the wind.
• Two zippered external waterproof pockets for peace-of-mind storage of documents and valuables.