The Charlie Leather Jacket for Tech-Air™ is the perfect fusion of Alpinestars heritage and state-of-the-art performance protection with Alpinestars industry-leading Tech-Air™ motorcycling airbag system. Part of the OSCAR by Alpinestars collection, the Charlie features a removable thermal liner for comfort and CE-certified protection within a specially treated leather main shell, which is washed and waxed for durability and finish, the Charlie Jacket only improves with age.
Developed following more than 15 years of extensive R&D in class-leading airbag technology, starting in MotoGP and taking in over half a million miles of road testing, Tech-Air™ is the world’s first and only independent full body, dedicated airbag systems specifically designed to offer a rider protection from the first impact in an accident. Tech-Air™ uses a sophisticated algorithm to provide critical airbag protection for the first impact, meaning the primary contact between the rider and obstacles or vehicle. The system offers unparalleled freedom and versatility. With no connections between bike and rider both systems are completely independent, meaning a rider can have full upper body airbag protection on any motorbike, regardless of make or model. The Tech-Air™ Street system can be used for road and off-road adventure touring while Tech-Air™ Race can be used for performance track riding but also, via a system firmware swap, can be configured to run the Street settings for the ultimate in versatility.
OSCAR by Alpinestars is a truly unique apparel and footwear collection dedicated to motorcycling lifestyle and fueled by the company’s rich 50-year heritage. Reawakening a name that was synonymous with Alpinestars after it was bestowed the prestigious Italian fashion and design ‘Oscar’ awards in 1972 and '73 and inspiring a collection carrying ‘Oscar by Alpinestars’, the collection launched for Spring 2015, fuses classic 1970s styling with modern material preparations, design techniques and cutting-edge technical features. The designs, drawn from Alpinestars archives and reimagined for today’s men and women riders, are a perfect blend of innovation and craftsmanship. Five decades of freedom, form and function; the legacy continues ...
• Pre-curved sleeve construction for comfort and movement in the riding position.
• Full grain leather main shell construction with a natural finish for abrasion resistance, and durability as well as a soft, luxurious feel.
• Slim-fitting, CE certified and removable Bio Light shoulder and elbow protectors for optimized levels of protection.
• Back protector pocket can be upgraded with Alpinestars CE certified Nucleon back protector insert as accessory.
• Compatible with Alpinestars’ class-leading Tech-Air™ full upper body airbag system. The garment is designed with calibrated stretch inserts on the rear to accommodate airbag’s inflated volume without compromising seam strength or materials integrity. The garment’s ergonomic design means that it can be worn without airbag system for a personalized fit.
• For Tech-Air™ compatibility:- LED display on sleeve indicating airbag’s operational status, plus internal conduit for system vest’s ECU. - Internal hook and loop grip closure plus cable conduits in order to seamlessly accommodate airbag system.
• Removable flannel liner is thermal insulated (80g) offering versatile weather protection in colder climates.
• Zipper and snap sleeve cuff closure and adjustment for personalized fit and security.
• Zippered hand pockets for peace-of-mind closure. Interior wallet/document compartment pocket.
• Embossed OSCAR by Alpinestars shoulder detailing, zips and trims.