• Designed to be used in conjunction with airbag-compatible outer jackets
• Comprehensive inflatable upper body protection for back, shoulders, kidney area, chest and upper abdomen.
• Electronic sensors are securely and unobtrusively incorporated within the system’s chassis, meaning the vest is completely self-contained and allows it to be worn interchangeably between compatible jackets.
• Removable inner mesh and elastic hook and loop waistband to position airbag system to customize fit and improve adjustability.
• Full internal back lining constructed from 3D mesh for optimized levels of ventilation and breathability.
• The Airbag Control Unit (ACU) of TECH-AIR® is incorporated within strong, lightweight polymer back protector, which features an ergonomic plate construction for structural strength and a fit to follow the natural contours of the back.
• ACU has been homologated to ECE R10 04, which ensures the electromagnetic integrity and stability of the unit.
• TECH-AIR® uses an integrated, certified lithium ion battery, with a battery life of 25 hours and a recharge time of approximately 6 hours. Micro USB charger allows convenient recharging of system, with one hour of charging time giving four hours of riding coverage.
Tech-Air® is the world’s first self-contained street airbag system that independently functions without the need for sensors to be installed on the bike and the subsequent need to link a specific motorcycle to the airbag system used by the rider. This means that Tech-Air® offers the freedom to ride any bike on any surface at any time. Offering instantaneous, high-pressure inflatable protection Tech-Air® gives the rider comprehensive protection in a crash by covering the full back, shoulders, kidney areas and chest. The Tech-Air® street airbag is incorporated into a specially designed vest, which is then attached within and used in conjunction with a compatible jacket. There are a variety of Tech-Air®Street Compatible garments available.
• Constructed from a strong and durable mesh main shell with stretch poly-fabric on shoulders and torso for a compact and secure fit that is close to the rider’s body while allowing freedom of movement.
• TECH-AIR® ACU is seal- protected within vest to ensure its all-weather performance.
• Argon inflator cartridges are CE certified to ISO 14451 standard, meaning that they will only fire if commanded by the electronic
unit. It also certifies that the cartridges can be safely handled, assembled and transported.
• System’s firmware is upgradable and external service record will be managed by a custom-made data portal.
• TECH-AIR® is Category II CE Certified to the 686/89/EEC European PPE Directive, using a version of EN1621-4:2013, which guarantees impact protection performance from 25 milliseconds to 5 seconds.
• Certified to function at -10°C and +50°C to guarantee system’s use in wide range of weather conditions.
• TECH-AIR® design and manufacture is CE certified to the 2007/23/EC pyrotechnic directive, guaranteeing it has been assembled following all pyrotechnic handling and safety regulations, which means the system can be transported by car, ship, train or airplane.