Alpinestars’ lightest autonomous Airbag System, Stella Tech-Air® 3 is designed to be worn over or under the motorcycle jacket, as the effective and practical choice for touring riders, urban city commuters, and light off-road adventure riders. The Stella Tech-Air® 3 is equipped with an ergonomically optimized women’s tailored female fit with a tapered cut for enhanced comfort. Alpinestars’ crash detection triggering algorithm has been developed and refined with millions of kilometers of riding data and thousands of crashes, allowing the System to accurately assess when to deploy the airbag ahead of an impact or other dangerous situation like a low side or high side crash. In the event that Stella Tech-Air® 3 detects the start of a crash, the System will inflate the protective airbag in 50 milliseconds. In the event of a direct impact of the motorcycle with another vehicle or obstacle, the Tech-Air® 3 System, is effective for the “first impact*,” which means that the System inflates before hitting the vehicle or obstacle against which the motorcycle will have the direct impact. The “first impact” test was performed in accordance with the Dolomiticert Protocol where the airbag was tested within a speed range of 25 to 63 km/hr. For more information on the envelope of protection, see the Tech-Air® 3 User Manual. Featuring a water resistant main chassis and a waterproof ECU and electronics, the slim, self-contained system can also be worn under a motorcycle jacket, including an Alpinestars’ Tech-Air® Ready jacket, or any leather or textile jacket, providing that the jacket has sufficient space to accommodate the inflation of the airbag. The Stella Tech-Air® 3 will allow riders to enjoy the daily commute even more, knowing they’re protected.
• The Stella Tech-Air® 3 is a fully autonomous active Airbag System and does not require any external connections or sensors on the motorcycle for the System to operate.
• The Stella Tech-Air® 3 incorporates 6 integrated sensors (3 accelerometers (1 triaxial accelerometer), and 3 gyroscopes (1 triaxial gyroscope )) to provide the best crash monitoring performance in a variety of dynamic riding situations, and even when stopped.
• The Stella Tech-Air® 3 Airbag System activates automatically via the magnetic zip closure.
• The System’s packable design allows it to be easily stored in a backpack or under a bike’s seat when not in use.
• The Stella Tech-Air® 3 is designed with a diagonal zipper to provide complete front chest coverage while also concealing the inner airbag. The magnetic zip closure has been designed for ease of use and to provide a secure closure system to the airbag garment.
• An LED display on the front chest indicates the airbag’s operational status. The LED display also incorporates a haptic alert, which vibrates to confirm the System is armed, and alerts the rider when the battery is running low.
• Integrated back protector pocket on the back can house additional passive back protection.
• The Stella Tech-Air® 3 incorporates Alpinestars’ Pro 2nd Generation compact Electronic Control Unit (ECU) which may be found in the ECU pocket located in the upper back of the inner, Tech-Air® 3 vest.
• Bluetooth low energy (BLE 5.0) connectivity to the Tech-Air® App allows riders to monitor the System’s operational status, battery status, as well as provides a detailed map of motorcyclists rides via MyRide.
• Upgradable system software is accessible via the Tech-Air® App, where riders can quickly verify the installed software version and eventually perform the latest software updates.
• The Stella Tech-Air® 3 uses an integrated, certified lithium ion battery, with a battery life of 40 hours and a recharge time of approximately 4 hours.
• The gas inflator that provides the inflation gas for the airbag’s deployment is located in the inflator housing on the left side of the lower back of the rider.
• The Stella Tech-Air® 3’s ECU seal-protection ensures all-weather performance and is certified to function between -20 ⁰C and +40⁰C.
• The gas inflator housing, electronic wiring, and the airbag are easily removable.
• The gas inflator canisters can be replaced by select Alpinestars dealers and certified Tech-Air Service Centers.
• The vest is washable.
• The ECU has been tested and CE Certified according to different regulations for electronic, radio devices and electrical safety.
• The gas inflator cartridge is CE certified to UNI EN 16263, confirming compliance with the safety standard and certifying that the cartridges can be safely handled and serviced.
According to European statutory law the CE mark is a conformity requirement for the marketing of this product. The following standards apply to this product:• When inflated, the Stella Tech-Air® 3 full chest and full back protection from the airbag is Category II CE Certified to the (EU) 2016/425 EEC European Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) Regulation, according to relevant part of EN1621-4:2013 airbag certification standard, which guarantees an impact protection performance of not less than five seconds after the activation. The impact attenuation performance is Level 2 both for full chest and full back.
• Impact protective garment 17092-6 Class C (outer garment), with the outershell constructed from water resistant material.
1. Performance tested according to DOLOMITICERT S.c.a.r.l. M.115.001 Protocol for Airbag Protectors Rev.4_14 10 2018.
2. For more detailed explanation and warnings, refer to the information to be found in the Tech-Air® 3 System Manual.
• The Stella Tech-Air® 3 uses a crash detection algorithm that leverages AI to accurately monitor when to deploy the airbag in the event of a crash, allowing the airbag to provide active protection in street riding scenarios and a variety of riding conditions, even when stopped.