Honda SM5 Helmet
This item qualifies for FREE US SHIPPING
This item qualifies for FREE US SHIPPING
• An engineered raised area with padding effectively reduces the forces transmitted to the collarbone and a patented visor release system that ensures the visor is released with the correct pre-determined amount of force, irrespective of the angle of impact.
• Revised the medium, large, XL, and 2XL lower shell volume to be around 3% wider to make the helmet easier to put on and take off, where the increase in helmet volume has also improved the impact management performance which is now 44% lower than the regular-speed threshold.
• For the new ECE 22.06 standard, the SM5 achieves a 44% better regular-speed impact rating compared to the current 33% figure, as well as a 32% better low-speed, and 31% better high-speed linear impact score than the prevailing standard.
• Multiple density inner liner to ensure the correct density in the correct area for enhanced impact absorption.
• Redesigned chin bar’s new profile, where the base area has been specifically sculpted to give a relief section, raised to clear the collarbone, with a new softer EPS liner which extends beyond the helmet shell itself, and is covered by a more flexible rubber compound providing a reduced chance of any sort of collarbone injury.
• Patented visor release system ensures the visor is released with the correct pre-determined amount of force, irrespective of the angle of impact.
• Maximized ventilation and high levels of heat transfer exchange thanks to multi-air inlets and exhaust ports.
• The visor has been designed to direct air into the ports for enhanced airflow.
• ERS Emergency Release System cheek pads.
• Hydration hose routing loops to facilitate hydration system mounting.
• The ECE version of the Honda SM5 Helmet weighs 1,350 grams for a size medium, and 1420 grams for the ECE DOT version with shield.
The all-new Honda SM5 ECE 22.06 / DOT Helmet has been designed to provide MX riders with a helmet that is safe and purposefully designed to deliver optimal protection and comfort. The lightweight Honda SM5 Helmet features a thermo-injected shell incorporating a special polymer blend enhanced by varying degrees of thickness that is engineered to deliver the optimal combination of impact protection and light weight. The inner liner features a 7-piece expanded polystyrene (EPS) construction including five different densities of EPS designed to ensure the correct density in the correct area for enhanced impact absorption.
• The inner and outer surfaces are engineered to minimize the effects of oblique impacts. To help fight and mitigate those rotational impact forces, Alpinestars has designed a proprietary technology by creating a low friction surface on the inner surface of the EPS liner. For the ECE 22.06 standard, which now includes the rotational oblique impact rating, the SM5 scores 70% under the new regulation.
• The Honda SM5 ECE 22.06 Helmet is available in 2 versions ECE R 22.06 and ECE R 22.06/DOT.
• Lightweight outer shell is constructed from a technologically advanced impact resistant thermoplastic in three anatomical shell sizes, plus three individual EPS inner liner sizes with a combination of inner lining and cheek padding to offer 6 unique sizes and to ensure the best fitment and protection.
Orders usually ship within one business day if the order is placed before 11am Pacific time.
Estimated delivery time is 1-5 days. Shipping companies do not guarantee a delivery timeframe.
Orders over $149 qualify for FREE shipping. All other orders are shipped at a flat rate of $9.99.
For consumer protection, all orders are subject to review. On occasion, this may extend the processing time of your order. For questions regarding order, please call – (US) 1-800-409-0903 / (INT) +1-310-891-0222 / Email: firstname.lastname@example.org.
We are currently only able to ship to addresses within the United States of America. Please contact your local Alpinestars distributor for details of your closest dealer.
Refused Shipments: If you refuse shipment of your order, you will be responsible for the original shipping costs, as well as any cost associated with the refusal.